Ioan LUMINOSU, Nicolina POP, Viorel CHIRITOIU
Abstract. The paper form and develop the student’s skills and abilities to measure indices of the alternating current (AC) in permanent regime. It develops experimental data-processing capacity by calculating reactance, impedance, AC power and plotting the resonance curve. It develops the ability to use units of measurement of electrical quantities as: impedance, reactance, active and reactive power. It develops the capacity of observation by highlighting side effects occurring in achieving RLC series resonance circuit voltage in (AC). Students determine the resonance phenomenon of RLC series AC circuit is characterized by:
• equal absolute values of tension on reactive circuit elements;
• maximum intensity of current through the circuit;
• equality of inductive reactance and capacitive reactance;
• circuit impedance is equal to its ohmic resistance;
• active power equals apparent power;
• circuit terminal voltage is equal with ohmic voltage. Questions are meant to end pre-enhance knowledge formed by performing the work.
Keywords: resistance, impedance, capacitor, reactance, Ohm’s law, phasor diagrams.